Thursday, June 16, 2011

How to make Oreos even more awesome and tasty

Oreos are basically God's cookie gift to the world, and everyone loves them. I don't buy them very often because I would eat the entire package, feel incredible remorse for what I'd done, and spend the next couple of days spiraling downward into a sweet-induced state of despair. I can always feel my hips and love-handles expanding while I eat them. So of course I decided to find a way to make Oreos even better and more addicting! And here's how!

You're going to need a couple of things: I used Vanilla Flavored Almond Bark, Mint Oreo Cookies, lollipop sticks, lollipop bags, and Chocolate Flavored Almond Bark. The lollipop sticks and bags you can find at a craft store, everything else you can find at a drugstore.

Melt your Vanilla (or chocolate, whichever you want your Oreos in) Almond bark to a nice smooth consistency. You'll need some shortening to smooth it out. I just heated mine up in the microwave for about 90 seconds or so.

Dip the tip of your lollipop stick into the candy coating

Carefully open an Oreo and press the lollipop stick inside the stuffing

Gently press the Oreo cookie sides together

Lay Oreo pops on wax paper and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes

Make sure your candy coating is nice and smooth once again, and after Oreo pops are nice and cold dip the pop into the candy coating on both sides

Lay Oreo pops onto wax paper once again, and place in the freezer for another 10 minutes

I decided to drizzle milk chocolate candy coating over the tops of them, so I put some candy coating in a bag, heated it up, and snipped off the tip

Let the pops harden and...

Slip those bad boys into little treat bags and viola! Oreo pops!

These things are so amazing, your taste buds with throw parties in your mouth. Even Ander, who never really likes sweets, has developed an uncontrollable urge to eat Oreo pops all day and every day. He even takes them to lunch every day with him, since I am a super nice wife and make them for him. These are super tasty, and super easy to make. They'll be a hit with everyone, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment