Sunday, June 5, 2016

Memorial Day: Austin Aquarium

Since everyone and their dog (literally) seems to want to spend time at the lake on Memorial Day, Ander took the day off and spent it with me and Charlotte, and we decided to take baby girl to the aquarium.

I feel a little silly confessing that the aquarium has actually been open for a while now, but this was the first time we actually went, and we had a really good time! It was the exact activity we were hoping for, it wasn't too crowded, and Charlotte absolutely loved every minute of it.

By the way, I didn't take many pictures, because it was dark and hard to see, but I did get a cute video of Charlotte petting the stingrays, which is the best part of this post.

Biggest hermit crab I've ever seen in my life. He was twice the size of my hand.

Reptiles galore. They even had an iguana that just hung out on a rock that everyone was allowed to just pet whenever they wanted. He was very chill. You could also feed quite a few of the animals, like the lorikeets, the huge tortoise, the rays and a lot of the fish.

Thankfully, you could not feed these dudes. This guy had to be the most sinister looking reptile I've ever seen.

You could feed the rays, too, which both me and Ander did, but Charlotte couldn't quite get the hang of it. It was so strange, the rays don't have teeth. Just two bony plates that they munch on your fingers with, while sucking the shrimp from them. It was totally bizarre, but awesome at the same time.

IMG_0556

I hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day, and that it was free of sinister reptiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment